Friday, May 15, 2015

Cozy Wedding Bells - At Last!



The City:  Atlanta

The Date:  15 May 2015

Now that I am a confessed and unrepentant Cozy Mystery Addict - it's time to make another confession:  I cry at weddings.  I'll cry at anybody's wedding:  family, friends' ... perfect strangers'; weddings in films, on television.  And the wedding of Sarah Brandt and Frank Malloy - 13 years in the waiting for me - was no exception.  Jeff was asleep on the couch totally unaware of my sobbing and the tears streaming down my face as I read the last pages of the newest Gaslight Mystery by Victoria Thompson:  Murder On Amsterdam Avenue. 


My great-aunt and uncle, Sophie and Nicholas
I am quite confident I was not the only one crying and joyfully celebrating their union - hurling fantasy rice. For the legions of fans of Ms. Thompson's series, this is something we've all been waiting for for a long time.  As Ms. Thompson states in her Author's Note at the end of the book - as a reward for our loyalty and patience, she has written another Gaslight Mystery to be released 3 November of this year, entitled, Murder On St. Nicholas Avenue.  It's no surprise therefore, that I have already pre-ordered one for me, one for my mother and one for my Aunt Martha.

The day we all three received Murder On Amsterdam Avenue, we laid aside the books we were in the middle of reading and started digging in.  And I think it's safe to say none of us were disappointed.  

Aside from the glorious, long-awaited marriage of Sarah and Frank, this story was face-paced, engaging, interesting and had a clever plot.  The characters were all well-developed and Ms. Thompson proves, once again, not only what a great storyteller she is, but that she ranks among the elite of cozy mystery writers.

Since the purpose of my blog is show the love for the cozy series I read and their writers, I don't feel the need to write an in-depth book review of new titles.  

I have a new cozy title in waiting that I will write about once I've read it and May and June will see several new cozies for me.  Bring them on!

In the meantime, be sure to order your copy of Murder On Amsterdam Avenue and pre-order your copy of Murder On St. Nicholas Avenue.

Should you wish to learn more about me, please visit my website:  www.gregorynassifstjohn.com.  And of course, I'd love to hear from all of my fellow cozy addicts.

Until next time!

PS - I thought I'd include the photo of my great aunt and uncle because they were married probably around the same time Sarah and Frank did and I wanted a visual reference of how they might have looked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment